Free School Meals (FSM)
You can claim free school meals for a child if the child is in full-time education, you are responsible for the child, and you get at least one of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Guaranteed pension credit
- Child tax credit with an annual income each year of less than £16,190 (as assessed by tax credits)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal credit
If you receive child tax credit and working tax credit, your child will not qualify for free school meals.
IMPORTANT: Even if your child receives Universal Free School Meal (Reception, year 1 and year 2) it is still important to apply for it, because the school will receive additional funding known as the pupil premium for every eligible pupil.
Please either complete the application form below or click here to apply