Sports Premium 2015/16
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum until 2020 to provide new, substantial primary school support funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all of their children. The sport funding must be spent on sport and PE provision in school.
Healing Primary School has received £9475 to spend per year on sports provision within the school.
With this money our main aims are:
- To ensure high quality PE is being taught throughout the school.
- To work with sports specialists and coaches to enhance PE lessons.
- To provide a wide range of sports and activities for children to get involved in.
- To raise awareness and encourage students to lead a healthy active lifestyle.
- To regularly participate in a range of activities or sporting competitions taking place within the area.
We have chosen to spend this year’s funding on the following:
- School Sports Partnership will provide a range of opportunities for students to participate in local competitions and festivals.
- School Sports Partnership will provide professional development opportunities for all staff to add to and enhance individual skills, to develop and deliver the best level of PE provision possible.
- Teachers and support staff will be working alongside professional coaches and specialists to further improve their skills, enabling PE provision within the school to be of a consistently high standard.
- Each key stage within the school will receive at least one hour of PE a week taught by an outside agency – this will up skill teachers and support staff who are working collaboratively with JR Sports and Lincolnshire Soccer School.
- JR Sports will work alongside teachers to plan PE sessions and share good practice for teaching PE.
- JR Sports and Lincolnshire Soccer School will be assessing children every lesson, at the end of each term they will work with teachers to complete notepads linked to milestone stone assessments.
- JR Sports will be training and supporting competition teams to enhance performance ready for local competitions, this will then link to gaining the Sainsbury’s award for the end of the year.
- New sports equipment for PE lessons will be bought to ensure we have the correct resources to teach high quality sessions.