Healing Primary School is proud to be part of the Healing Multi-Academy Trust
Please note: Information found on this website is available for parents/carers in printed form on request.
Please contact Mrs Tilling our Business Manager on 01472 882261
Please click on the link below to view:
- our last Ofsted Report from May 2017
- The Healing Multi-Academy's Website
- The website for Healing Science Academy.
British Values Statement - Promoting British Values
Healing Primary School School is committed to serving its community. We recognise the multi-cultural, multi faith and ever-changing nature of the United Kingdom. We also understand the vital role we have in ensuring that noone in the school is subjected to intimidation or radicalisation by those wishing to unduly, or illegally, influence them.
We follow equal opportunities guidance which guarantees that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status, or similar. As a school we are dedicated to preparing students for their future and to ensuring that we promote and reinforce British values.
The Government emphasises that schools are required to ensure that key ‘British Values’ are taught in all UK schools. The government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy. The five British Values are:
Democracy The rule of law Individual liberty Mutual respect Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Our academy uses strategies within the National curriculum and beyond to secure such outcomes for students such as:
- The principle of democracy is consistently being reinforced at Healing Primary School, with democracy processes being used for important decisions within the school community, for instance, elections being held for Head Boy and Girl and Prefects positions, and Student Council members. The principle of democracy is also explored in the History, PSCHE and RE curriculum and within some assemblies.
The rule of law
- The importance of laws, whether they be those that govern the class, the school, or the country, are consistently reinforced at Healing PrimarySchool. Students are taught the rules and expectations of the school and the link between actions and consequences. Visits from authorities such as the Police and Fire Service reinforce this message.
- At Healing PrimarySchool, students are actively encouraged to make independent choices, with the knowledge that they are in a safe, secure and supportive environment. Staff at Healing PrimarySchool educate and provide boundaries for students to make informed choices, through a safe environment and an empowering education.
Students are encouraged to know, understand and exercise their rights and personal freedoms and are advised on how to exercise these safely, for example through e-safety and Pupil Council work.
Healing Primary has a robust anti-bullying culture and has in place a comprehensive Behaviour for Learning Policy.
- Respect is a strong part of Healing Primary School and is part of its core values. Students learn that their behaviours has an effect on their own rights and those of others. All members of the school community treat each other with respect and this is reiterated through its teaching and learning environments.
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
- This is achieved though equipping students with the ability to understand their place in a culturally diverse society and by giving the opportunities to experience such diversity within the school community. Students are actively encouraged to share their faith and beliefs within the school and celebrate festivities throughout the calendar year. The RE curriculum, which is compulsory for all students, provides a broad and balanced education on a range of faiths, religions and cultures.
- As a school we are part of a 'Big Classroom' through which we share life experiences with children in other schools across the country. This shared experience brings ideas and beliefs together.
- Through our SMSC (Social, Moral, Spritual and Cultural) education we help students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence; distinguish right from wrong and to respect English law; encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and contribute positively to society; enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of, and respect for, English public institutions and services and to appreciate and respect their own and other cultures.
- Healing Primary School strives endlessly to ensure that its students leave with the strongest foundation of values upon which to build a successful life and a successful contribution to our Society.